Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Narrative, by the 7th Grader

Write a story. The guidelines: needs to have a beginning, a middle, and an end; the time, place, and characters need to be introduced at the beginning. 

Corrected for spelling and formatting.

My trips to Panera Bread are almost always normal... Almost. Last month on Friday my mom and I went to Panera Bread for breakfast. We walked in the door and got in line to order bagels. When we finally got through the line we ordered.

"Hi welcome to Panera. What can I get you?" the lady said uncomfortably.

"Hi, I'd like a triple hazelnut latte and a cheese bagel. Jane?"

"I'd like a normal bagel sliced and toasted with cream cheese," I said.

The lady looked nervous at our order. "Um, ok," she said and turned around and stared to fidget with two bagels that were clearly not normal and cheese. She pushed the bagels through a machine and... started to scream. She had accidentally shoved her hand in the slicing machine as well as the bagels. She managed to get her hand out of the machine but she had lost part of her pointer finger to the machine.

We took our bagels and left quickly. We didn't complain about the different-flavored bagels. I will never order bagels from Panera again. That is also a reason why they should also train workers before hiring them. I will never apply to work at Panera.

The End

2 comments:

Joseph Moore said...

Please tell me this didn't really happen...

MrsDarwin said...

No, no, it's all fiction. Though we do seem to frequently get mixed-up bagel orders.