Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Habemus Papam!

I stumbled across this piece on the election of "Pope Pius XIII". It's funny, but also kind of sad...

God save us all from the rabbit holes dug by our own stubbornness.

However, if you are like me and take a sick pleasure in watching idiocy in action (kind of like watching a large man be knocked off a bridge by a high speed train into a river of treacle -- only in slow motion and more horrifying) check out Pope Pius XIII's apostolic letter on the subject of whether Novus Ordo baptism is valid. I advise you to at least read down to where he seriously considered the relative dimensions of the books tha the real Catholic Church and his own use...

And why does't this chap have the decency to write in Latin? If this lowly laymen worked his way through a semester of Latin Prose Comp, surely this "pope" can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know I only had to drive 290 miles to go visit!

I saw this some years ago. Funny, yet sad at the same time. It has been said that he's the Big Sky pope. The sede vacantists still claim the See of Peter to be empty.

Rick Lugari said...

I remember the night of that conclave well. I put on my tin hat and beamed in a vote for David Bawden. It only seemed right, after all his parent had elected him pope years before.