Because most philosophies that frown on reproduction don't survive.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Chief Brody Slap

Alrighty, you know I don't read the Huffington Post (aka the HBomb), but Greg Gutfield has a delightfully snide little column about the moral outrage of Cindy Sheehan camping outside Bush's Crawford Ranch -- because sitting outside a ranch talking to reporters will make her son come back? Because Bush will suddenly feel bad and say, "Oh, of course I was wrong, and I see how wrong I was because there's a woman camping outside my ranch!"

Protest is the last refuge of those who can't make an articulate argument.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that protest is always a bad or stupid thing--it can serve the valid purpose of making it v ery, very difficult to ignore an issue. That said, I heard about this woman, and I agree that she's selected one of the less helpful protests that I've heard about.

Anonymous said...

I'm saddened that she has politicized her son's death. It makes me wonder what her son would think of her present actions. Last night, I saw a Marine being interviewed about his experience in Fallujah. He was shot multiple times, including his face. Been through 14 operations since he's been stateside. I can't help but think (hope) that this young man exemplifies the kind of soldiers, marines, sailors, guardsmen and airmen that are over there serving our nation. He was polished, well-disciplined, and his only regret was that he didn't join the Marines sooner. My gut tells me that Mrs. Sheehan's son would say much of the same, had he been given the opportunity.